Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Shut Your Bag!

The evening was lovely and nothing foreboded what was about to happen. We were chatting, eating suzhi, drinking green tea. Then I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. A flying saucer! Literally. Well, perhaps not a saucer but a bowl - but flying it is. Towards me.

Plump! And the bowl and its contents - lettuce salad in some kind of a mayo-based dressing - plasters my coat, my scarf and by bag on the chair next to me.

The waiters are jumping around the chair and my mayosalad-covered bag, scarf and coat, collecting pieces of lettuce, rubbing off the sauce... We're carrying on with our lovely discussion. Smiling at them. No worries, this could happen to anyone.

After they apologized like a million times, they waved the dinner cost, gave me a 50 bucks certificate and offered to reimburse my dry-cleaning.

I stopped smiling nonchalantly only when I decided to check my messages. Inside my bag, there were lettuce leaves, the sauce already absorbed in my notepad.

Keep your bags shut - or you might end up with something nasty in it!

2 comments:

  1. (кажецанетууменягуглаакаунта)

    I just remembered I chewed on something firm while trying marinated mushrooms in Mega-khimki shopping mall, on the second (1-st in english?) floor in some oriental-like restourant about a year ago and - guess what - took out a piece of GLASS out of my mouth!

    They explained me it was a piece of glass can it was coming in (oh - what a relief! - I could die from a hemorrage caused by the glass can of the mushrooms, not just any glass can, which makes a lot difference!) and out of a good will and being such a nice, lovely, wonderful people generously told me they wouldnt bill me for the mushrooms..

    :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my university cafeteria we were used to finding cocrouches crawling out of a pile of salad on your plate...

    who knows what happened to all those bugs that didn't manage to crawl out?! :/

    ReplyDelete