Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2 Weeks of Breakfast: Day 1. Egged Tomato

So I don't work right now. In the past, whenever this happened, I slept in and then wandered around the apartment in my pj's pretty much the whole day. Yes, I would spend some time online searching for jobs, but the rest of the time was just wasted.

This time, I am determined to make good use of this free time I have. Obstacle number one: how to get myself out of bed in the morning?

A book called "Julie & Julia" happens to be the one I am reading right now and it gave birth to this little project of mine: to get myself out of bed in the early am and get myself going, I will be cooking breakfast every morning for the next 2 weeks. A different meal, each time! A breakfast for me and my husband (and my husband leaves early).

So here I am, with my first breakfast, I will call it an "Egged Tomato" :)

Per one serving:
1 egg
1 fair-sized tomato
1 sausage/hot dog/piece of ham - whichever you happen to have

Time: about 10 minutes


I hid the rest of the recipe under the cut, follow the link: (breakfast recipe)


  • Set the sausages to boil under a lid (to make them boil faster).
  • Meanwhile, cut off the top of tomato. With a spoon, carefully scrap out the tomato's insides - make sure not to tear the walls!
  • When the sausage is ready, cut it in cubes and fill tomato with it; leave some space.
  • Carefully, break the egg into the tomato: pour the whites inside the tomato, then let the yolk sit on top of the tomato opening.
  • Set microwave to 80% power level for 1 minute, and then for 100% for another minute.
  • You can now sprinkle the egg with cheese or herbs or whatever you want.

PS The filling could be pretty much anything you want - canned corn, peas, cheese... Sky is the limit!

Credits: http://makushilda.livejournal.com

3 comments:

  1. cool )) I only have to find someone to cook it for me now :))
    почему-то вспомнил анекдот:
    можно ли заказывать продукты по телефону?
    да, отовариваться - по телевизору :))
    (ну эт до интернет магазинофф было :)

    ReplyDelete