Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Twigs Are Falling Off Of Our Nest!

Two weeks ago I was unsuspectingly playing the good housewife when all of a sudden I felt like a locomotive was passing through my living room at full speed of a modern train. Like in Japan. Whaaa? The washing machine gone mad! It was growling and whining and screeching and banging and biting.

I decided to stick with daytime laundries for the time being to avoid driving neighbours mad. They might not appreciate living next door to Grand Central. But then the washer decided to add some white lint all over the load. And then it stopped wringing the clothes - so now they come out with water dripping off of them. Just asking to be hanged out the window Italian style. Only I'm not in Italy (not even Italian!) and it's below zero out there.

Hmmm. Can you stick something THAT wet into a dryer? Since it's a stupid 2-in-1 unit and we'll have to throw away the whole thing anyway, I decided what the hell. I loaded everything in the dryer and turned on TV.
Weirdly enough, 2 hours later I could still hear the dryer humming merrily away. Whaaaa?! The dryer just got stuck mid-cycle, happily bringing hot air but not bothering to spin. So a couple of t-shirts on top of the pile were warm, but the rest was still soaking wet and ice-cold. At midnight. After over 2 hours of humming (very helpful)! I guess Hydro will be merrily humming, too when they will be issuing my next bill...

I hung everything to dry up indoors and woke up to find puddles all over my kitchen. I hope we won't get nasty yellowish spots all over our garage ceiling, I haven't checked yet...

And to top it all off, the garbage truck ran over our garbage bin last week. City of Toronto offered to replace it and suggested we buy some stickers meanwhile and just leave garbage in bags. And why, exactly, should we be paying for bags, may I ask?

And we still have to figure out the hot water issue. And fix the entry door lock. And repaint the bedroom. And we have grand plans to build a wall downstairs and get a new fridge. And... and... and...

House ownership isn't easy, I'll tell you this. But you know what? I love my home regardless :)

2 comments:

  1. happy canadian people with happy canadian problems! LOL
    kidding
    of course sorry for the washing mashine, may she rest in peace :))
    I have got AEG from the 90-ies, works perfectly well.. One person I know in Holland, Schagen has miele from early 80-ies --works great still, only once replaced the rubber.

    I know AEG is not so much of that quality any more but to my knowledge miele still is..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete