Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2 Weeks of Breakfast: Day 14. Breakfast Cheesecake

That's it - I did it! Two weeks of waking up real early with the sole purpose of making a breakfast for my hubby, and a different breakfast each day at that! I survived through all those days when I really wanted to just bury myself in the pillows and blankets and hibernate for a day or two.

No, I am not going to stop making breakfasts. But now I will allow myself to skip a breakfast here and there. And repeat the recipes. And make some really easy ones - like toasts with yogurt :)

Anyway, here's breakfast #14 which turned out to be more like a dessert. Like a cheesecake. My hubby felt this one was the best out of all 14.

You're supposed to bake it in the evening - and serve cold in the morning. 

Ingredients (for 2-4 servings):
Filling:
  eggs - 4
  baking cheese (minimum 10% fat) - 500 g.
  sugar - 1 cup
Crust:
  sugar - 1 tbsp
  hot chocolate powder - 2 tbsp
  flour - 3/4 cup
  baking soda - 1/2 tsp
  cold butter - 50 g.


Recipe:
Preheat oven to 350F.

I put the eggs, cheese and sugar in the mixer and while the mixer focused on the filling, I focused on the crust.

In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and hot chocolate powder.

Grate butter with a cheese grater into the dry mixture. Mix with a fork until the mixture looks like dark brown bread crumbs.

Grease an oven-proof dish and cover the bottom and the sides with half of the chocolate mixture.

Pour the cheese-eggs mixture over it.

Cover with the remaining dry mixture.

Bake for 40 minutes.

Serve cold (but hey - I didn't try it hot... maybe it's good, too?)

Credit: http://dumen-l.livejournal.com





2 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! I LOVE sweet breakfasts and my non-Russian family LOVES "tvorog". I'll be making this one soon (and I'll let you know if it is good hot) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, do share
    I'm curious how it'll turn out

    ReplyDelete