Friday, March 4, 2011

2 Weeks of Breakfast: Day 10. Grilled Sandwich

Uh-oh. I don't have eggs. I have just enough milk for 2 cups of coffee. I ran out of fresh fruits. That's what happens when you go to a late-night zumba class and forget all about groceries. So what on earth am I supposed to cook for breakafst with no eggs and milk?!

It turns out there is a solution - if you have an indoor grill. I do. So I made a grilled sandwich - I used to love them when I lived in Israel. Back then, I had a grilled sandwich machine which was impossible to clean for the fear of being electrocuted. Now I have an indoor grill machine with removable and dishwashable plates. And there are plates for Belgian waffles, too. But that's not the point - today I'm making grilled sandwich!

Ingredients:
bread (toastable)
deli meat
cheese
ketchup
butter
tomato



Recipe is simple:

Turn on the indoor grill.

Place the bread slices in the toaster set for 1 or 2: you don't want to toast it, just warm it up.

When it pops out, put some butter on one side of it - thinly. It will melt since your bread is warm.

Flip the bread and spread ketchup on the unbuttered side.

Add tomato slices, deli meat, and grated cheese.

Cover with the other piece of bread, unbuttered side in.
Stick the sandwich into the grill and keep there until it browns and the cheese inside it melts.

Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment