Saturday, March 19, 2011

Breakfast Recipe - Breakfast Nests

I am here. Kinda. Life has been busy over the past week, lots of activities, lots of new experiences... Snowboarding for the first time in my life? Check. Dinner in a rotating restaurant? Check. (I'm glad the rotation was fairly slow...) Experiencing the 4D theatre (motion, water spray, wind blowing). Check.

Throughout this week I cooked some of the breakfasts I shared earlier - crepes, frittata, rice pudding.

Today, I finally decided to make something new - and it was oh-sum! Awesome, that is, pardon my Russian accent :)

Please note: you need a muffin baking form for this one and a rolling pin (wow, I just learned a new word... rolling pin!)

Ingredients:
toast bread
carrots
zucchini
deli meat
cheese
oil
salt
 
Recipe:
Preheat the oven to 420F.

Take a piece of bread, cut off the crust, and roll it with a rolling pin until flat.

Oil both sides of the bread.

Fill the muffin form with the bread to form little baskets. If holes appear, just press the hole closed with some more bread. I used a mini muffins form - I needed 3 pieces of bread for the 12 tiny muffins.

Stick in the oven until dried and browned slightly.

Meanwhile, grate carrots and zucchinis, warm up a skillet and fry the vegetables until soft; add the deli meat cut into tiny pieces.

Take the 'nests' out of the oven, spread them out on a baking sheet, fill with the filling, add some grated cheese on top, stick back in the oven for a few more minutes.

Serve immediately.

If you're using a form for big muffins, a nice decoration trick would be a sunny side up egg on top of each basket. Just a suggestion :)

Credit: http://trio-mia.livejournal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment